Americans love their food. In fact, they love so many of their foods so much that they are often willing to pay as much as needed to be able to get the fruits and the vegetables that they want year round. In order to get these items delivered, however, it is often necessary to work with companies that have a large supply of wholesale reefer units. In fact, the demand for refrigerated trucks is so great that there is actually a secondary market for used reefer trailers.
The refrigerated trucking industry is used for a number of purposes. From food to pharmaceuticals, the nation depends on the use of reliable cold and frozen trucks to deliver the items that are needed most. Not surprising, the global refrigerated trailer market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between the years 2016 and 2022. As an entire industry works to create the necessary means of transportation, companies continue to expand the uses for these services. New reefer trailers for sale, for instance, might play an integral role in the nation’s growing obsession with the farm to table industry. As more and more consumers strive to eat local foods, both new and used reefer trailers will play an important role.
Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Rely on Dependable Refrigerated Trucking Services
Whether you are a consumer of refrigerated goods or life saving drugs, you likely depend on the services that are provided by refrigerated trucking lines. From the least expensive local produce items to the priciest drugs that are needed for diabetics, the delivery methods are important. Consider some of these facts and figures about the refrigerated delivery methods that play such an important role in the nation’s economy:
- The temperature range of a refrigerated trailer ranges from -20 degrees to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- As many as 500,000 reefer trailers are currently in operation in the U.S.
- By the year 2022, the global refrigerated trailer market is expected to reach a market value of $7,658 billion.
- 44,000 pounds is the maximum weight a reefer trailer can carry.
- 40,000 refrigerated trailers were ordered in the U.S. in January of the year 2018, according to FTR Transportation Intelligence.
- The average size of a reefer trailer falls between 28 and 53 feet in length, but can be no more than 13.5 feet in height.
Americans really like their foods, and we have reached a point where consumers are virtually demanding constant access to their favorite foods every month of the year. Meeting this demand requires the use of refrigerated trucking lines and the use of new and used reefer trailers.