In your home, you attempt to avoid overly processed foods, but the fact of the matter is you still find yourself relying on the integrity and reliability of food packaging machines and pouch filling machines. Even when you spend the majority of your grocery budget at stores that focus on providing organic products that stay clear of overly processed offerings, you are still a consumer who relies on the validity of pouch filling machines and other food packaging equipment that relies on food metal detectors and food x-ray machines.
Every time that a news report reveals a situation where food or package contamination have endangered the life of consumers, the safety of the entire food distribution industry comes into question. Fortunately, improvements in technology for methods like food metal detection are being developed and many watchdogs continue to demand more safe and secure production methods. From check weigher and pouch filling machines alike, the food production industries, both traditional and organic, continue to work toward food production reliability.
Do You Feel Confident About the Safety of the Food That You Serve Your Family?
Although many of today’s consumers are gravitating toward corporations that make clear environmentally friendly production decisions, the ultimate concern of most is the safe and sanitized methods that are employed.
- Statistics indicate that 52% of people worldwide make purchase decisions partially influenced by packaging that shows a brand makes a positive environmental and social impact.
- Approximately, 60% of the U.S. population, which equals nearly 148 million people, have access to a plastics recycling program that can give new life to the increasing number of plastic packages.
- Food that is preserved by vacuum sealers lasts three to five times longer than food stored in plastic bags or containers.
- Estimates indicate that every year roughly one out of six Americans, or 48 million people, get sick from food borne diseases. More specifically, 48 million get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from foodborne diseases.
- Food metal detectors can sense three main groups of metallic contaminants: ferrous, non ferrous, and stainless steel.
- One impressive statistic is that packaging experts estimate each pound of plastic packaging can reduce food waste by as much as 1.7 pounds.
- One weapon against food contamination is controlled cold temperatures. Cold temperatures, in fact, keep harmful bacteria from growing and multiplying. Experts recommend that refrigerators should be set no higher than 40F and freezers no higher than 0F.
- Do you feel confident that the food that you serve your family is as safe as it should be?